The Washington, D.C. Metro Area is a wonderful place to call home because of the endless activities, festivals, and other entertainment offerings throughout the year. As temperatures warm and flowers bloom, there will be plenty of outdoor fun to be had. Mark your calendars for the following Spring 2019 events:
- National Cherry Blossom Festival – This year’s festival takes place March 20 – April 13. The experts predict peak blooms from April 3 – 6. You can check for updates on cherryblossomwatch.com leading up to the festival. The festival draws over one million visitors to Washington, D.C., but if you live at a Polinger Company property you won’t have to travel far! Our communities have easy access to the Metro and public transportation. The Swift Petworth, 2401 Pennsylvania Avenue, and 4000 Massachusetts Avenue are right in NW D.C.!
- Anacostia River Festival – On April 14, join the 11th Street Bridge Park and National Park Service in celebrating the fifth annual Anacostia River Festival. Events include the chance to kayak, canoe, bike, and play games at the beautiful Anacostia Park – it’s turning 100! This fun activity is a great day trip for residents of Bethesda Place, Rollins Park, Highland House, and Highland House West.
- Maryland Wine Month – March is the best month for wine lovers living in Maryland! With 10 wine trails to tour and an extensive calendar of wine-related activities, there is something to do every weekend. Who wouldn’t love to do a Girl Scout Cookie and Wine Pairing tasting?! Cheers to our Maryland residents who will be partaking!
- Baseball Home Openers – Baseball fans are in luck, home opening games are right around the corner! The Washington Nationals’ Home Opener is on March 28 and the Baltimore Orioles’ is on April 4.
- Sugarloaf Craft Festival – This year’s festival takes place April 12-14 at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds in Gaithersburg, MD. Shop for pieces created by local artisans and view live demonstrations. Kids 12 and under are free and adults can save by purchasing a ticket online. Brighton Village residents won’t have to go far to get crafty!
- Passport DC – This event will take place throughout May and offers guests the opportunity to celebrate the myriad of heritages that comprise Washington, D.C. Explore different neighborhoods with D.C. Neighborhood Heritage Trails and Around the World Embassy Tour. Over 70 embassies will be partaking in the month-long cultural celebration. This activity is perfect for D.C. and nearby Maryland residents alike!
If you don’t already live in the area and are looking to make the move, explore the incredible Polinger Company communities that will keep you close to all the fun! From living right in D.C. to the suburbs, there is a place for everyone.