We had a wonderful 2019 and are looking forward to an even better 2020! #wearepolinger
Polinger Company won big at the 2019 Property Management Association Marketing and Advertising Excellence Awards on December 5. Based on creativity, innovation, advertising, and effectiveness, Polinger won in each of the seven categories it which it submitted.
Polinger’s new branding campaign which included the launch of new logos for its communities won for Best Marketing Campaign. The launch also included collateral material, stationery, and digital components. Best website went to Rollins Congressional Club, a clubhouse amenity for its Congressional Towers and Rollins Park communities. 2401 Pennsylvania Avenue Apartments won for best on-site signage. The banner signs conveyed the luxury community’s branding with the tagline “Elegant Apartment Living” on a sleek black and burgundy color scheme.
Two advertising campaigns took top honors with creative messaging. The Polinger Corporate “Color Campaign” let prospective renters know that they can personalize their apartment to match their lifestyle. Vibrantly painted rooms were shown with corresponding lifestyle photos to match. Polinger showed that if you have blue hair and want your dining room wall to match, they are willing to accommodate. The second winning entry announced to the residents of Highland House and Highland House West Apartment communities that pets were now welcome. By using photos of dogs in Groucho Marx-style glasses and the headline “No More Need For The Disguise” the playful campaign let everyone know that the communities are now pet-friendly.
Honorable mentions were awarded to two internal communication pieces. A “Budget Survival Kit” provided community managers with items to “survive” their annual budget planning sessions. Rubber bands to remember to be flexible, an eraser to remind them that everyone makes mistakes and a stress ball to relieve the angst were some of the included motivators in the kit. The second award went to the “Strive for 5” campaign that asked residents for on-line 5-star reviews. Attached to the card was a packet of star-shaped candy with a community-specific URL printed on it. The websites featured direct links to each community’s Apartment Ratings, Google, Facebook, and Yelp pages so residents can easily leave a great review.
“We love attending this event every year,” said Director of Marketing Kim Cueva. “It’s great to see to our peers and cheer each other on when we win.”
Bring in the holiday season with these fun events around the Greater DC area. Here’s a list of local festivals, shows, and light displays to help you get into the season’s spirit:
Garden of Lights at Brookside Gardens is running from November 22 – December 31 (check their website for the full schedule with holiday closings). Brookside Gardens is transformed into a magical winter wonderland illuminated with twinkling colorful LED lights shaped into flowers, animals and much more. Brookside Gardens is close to our communities in Rockville: Rollins Park, Congressional Towers Apartments and Country Place Apartments in Burtonsville.
Seneca State Park is holding a Winter Lights Festival from November 29th – December 31. The 3.5 mile drive through the magical display of lights will be open nightly. There will be over 450 illuminated displays that are sure to delight the whole family. The park is only a 10-minute drive away from our Brighton Village community.
The National Zoo is hosting Brew Lights on Thursday, December 12th. It will be the “hoppiest holiday” with craft beer and microbrew tastings throughout the event. Enjoy carolers and beautiful light displays and feel good about going because your ticket will support the zoo’s biology institute. it’s all happening just a short metro ride away from The Swift at Petworth. Read More “Holiday Happenings around the DMV”
As we head into fall and winter swings into full force, it’s important to find ways to stay warm and cozy through the season. Use these 7 toasty tips to feel warm no matter how cold the weather outside gets:
- Who doesn’t love curling up by the fireplace? Keep the winter blues away and relax by the fire. Enjoy the decorative fireplaces in select apartments at Aura Pentagon City. The Swift Petworth has a fireplace in the lounge area that makes a perfect spot cozy spot to gather.
- Open your blinds on sunny days to let the sun heat up your apartment. This is a great option when your place has floor-to-ceiling windows like at Country Place Apartments.
- Save on your heating bills with eco-friendly features. Many of our communities are LEED-certified, like The Swift Petworth. Their double-pane windows reduce the demands on your heating system.
- It’s sweater weather! Pull out your comfiest hoodies, sweaters, and socks to stay comfortable throughout the winter. You’ll have no problem storing your seasonal clothing in your expansive closet space at many of our communities like Bethesda Place and Brighton Village.
- Cuddle with a furry friend to warm your heart and home. If you choose to adopt a pet, you’ll be able to enjoy living at our many pet-friendly communities: Brighton Village, 2401 Pennsylvania Avenue, Aura Pentagon City, The Swift Petworth, Highland House Communities, & Country Place Apartments.
- Get your heart rate pumping inside at our gyms and fitness centers. Rollins Congressional Club is a free amenity for our Rollins Park and Congressional Towers communities. The fitness center includes treadmills, elliptical step machines, and group classes.
- Live in a community where all utilities are included! Turn up the heat with no worries at our apartments that include utility costs in the rent like 4000 Massachusetts Ave and Congressional Towers.
All of our communities have a number of ways for you to feel warm and make cozy memories during the colder months. Check out the complete listing here and stay toasty!
The fall season is here and with the changing leaves and cooler temperatures comes a host of fun local events in the DMV area. We’ve rounded up the best autumn events, from Oktoberfests to Halloween celebrations, happening around our communities.
Rocktobierfest is on Saturday, October 5th and features live German Rock music. Enjoy festive classics like Würstl and Brezen— traditional German sausages and pretzels. Then, pair your food with a pint from the many local brewery vendors there. This event is family-friendly with kids’ activities and free admission. Rocktobierfest is hosted by the City of Rockville at the Rockville Town Center, which is just a 10-minute car ride away from Rollins Park and Congressional Towers Apartments.
Taste of Bethesda, a favorite fall event, is returning on Saturday, October 5th. The event is at Woodmont Triangle, right next to Bethesda Place and only a 10-minute car ride away from Highland House, and Highland House West. The event is extremely popular with more than 40,000 attendees sampling bites from local restaurants. Find more information here.
The 28th annual Oktoberfest returns to Gaithersburg on Saturday, October 12th. The festival takes place along Main Street and Market Square and is two miles away from Brighton Village Apartments. There will be performances by traditional German Bands and the Alt-Washingtonia Bavarian Dancers. Enjoy pumpkin carving and apple cider pressing demonstrations to get into the fall spirit. Prost! Read More “Celebrate The Fall Season at these Local Events”