This past summer has been an incredible one for Polinger Company. In addition to the growth of our communities around Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C., we had several team events. Here are some highlights:
Our Budget BootCamp was a workshop was held at Rollins Congressional Club for our community managers to plan for the 2020 year. Thank you to all our sponsors who donated food and swag. Read More “Team-building Events at Polinger: #WeArePolinger” »
September is filled with fun events to enjoy the rest of the summer and usher in the fall season. Grab some friends and save the dates for these upcoming events:
Greater DC Area
DC Wine Fest is on September 14th, specially curated wineries will be serving wine all day for the ultimate wine lovers’ experience. The event is rain or shine and there will be live music to keep the party going. The fest is happening about 8 blocks away from Columbia Plaza and 2401 Pennsylvania Avenue.
The Labor Day Capitol Concert is an annual event that is happening on Sunday, September 1 on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol. The concert is free to the public and is about a half hour metro ride away from Columbia Plaza, The Swift at Petworth, and 2401 Penn Ave.
Zoo Uncorked on September 12th. Expect an evening event filled with wine and animals. Included in the ticket is unlimited wine tasting hosted by Total Wine and food trucks to purchase food and it’s all happening just a short metro ride away from The Swift at Petworth.
Rockville Town Square is holding “Salsa on the Square” every Thursday through September 26th. It’s a great way to get moving and it’s just a 10 minute car ride away from Rollins Park and Congressional Towers Apartments.
September 8th is the Takoma Park Folk Festival, a free event, all about folk music and the community. The event boasts over 60 musicians with crafts, games and food. Free Shuttles from Takoma’s Metro Read More “September Events around the Greater DC Area” »
Rock Creek Park has been a leafy oasis with miles of trails and picnic area for years, founded in 1890, it’s the oldest natural urban park in the National Park system. Open year-round it’s especially popular during the warmer months. The park is massive— at 2,100 acres it’s two times the size of Central Park.
The park’s paved trails are mostly flat which is great for bikers, runners, and hikers. On weekends, the park is closed to vehicles so you can get a full escape from the city. With 32 miles of trail, there is no shortage of loops and routes to take. The beginning of the main road that goes through the park, Beach Drive, is about 10 minutes away from Bethesda Place.
The park has horseback riding trails that will lead you through breathtaking forests. Horseback riding is allowed on the Western Ridge Trail and the Rock Creek Park Horse center is 3 miles away from Highland House and
Highland House West. The center offers rides on guided trails through the park regardless of experience.
The park has many public facilities including an outdoor concert and theater venue. The Carter Barron Amphitheatre hosts concerts, festivals and the Citi Open tennis tournament is held there every July. The Swift at Petworth is just a 10 minute car ride away from the Amphitheatre.
Peirce Mill is a water-powered gristmill that was built on a quaker farm in 1820 and a 30-minute metro ride away from 4000 Massachusetts Avenue. It’s an amazing landmark within the park that is open to the public and holds tours. Read More “Enjoy A Day At Rock Creek Park” »
It’s easier than ever to eat, drink, and be merry with all of the local breweries in Montgomery County and DC.
Just across the street from our Rollins Park and Congressional Towers communities, you’ll find 7 Locks Brewing. Famous for their “Surrender Dorothy IPA” they also feature local food trucks.
One block from Bethesda Place Apartments you’ll find Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery. Part of a nationwide chain, the beer selection rotates weekly and the restaurant features a full menu.
Our Country Place Apartments community is only a few miles from the Guinness Open Gate Brewery in Halethorpe. It is the only one in the country and has a partnership with Lyft to ensure safe travels.
Residents of the Swift Petworth can enjoy a crisp experience at the Capitol Cider House. They craft hard ciders using apples sourced within 200 miles of the Capitol building.
Farmers Fishers Bakers in Georgetown doesn’t brew their own beer, but they have 24 taps featuring many local Maryland, DC and VA breweries. Their extensive happy hour makes it a great spot to visit, especially for the residents of our nearby 2401 Penn Ave community.
Over the Potomac in Arlington is the New District Brewing Company. A few blocks from Aura Pentagon City Apartments, they are a dog-friendly establishment and encourage visits from our 4-legged furry friends.
With our apartment communities are close to Metro stations and in thriving neighborhoods, it’s easy to spend time investigating the local flavors while staying close to home. For a complete list of our properties in the DMV click here.
Summertime, and the living’s easy. It’s also hot. Help alleviate your utility bill at your apartment with these 7 easy tips:
- If you have a ceiling fan, like the ones offered at our Brighton Village community, be sure the blades are rotating counter-clockwise to move the rising hot air away from you. In the fall, switch to clockwise so that the warmer air is circulated into the room. Well-placed tabletop and standing fans can also help cool you down quickly and efficiently.
- Keep blinds closed to eliminate excessive sun. Blackout curtains are also a good idea especially when your apartment has floor-to-ceiling windows like at Country Place Apartments.
- Use the exhaust fan. If your apartment has an over-the-range microwave like our Bethesda Place community, the fan works there, too, in sucking out the hot air, especially when cooking.
- Cook outside! Residents of our Swift Petworth and Aura Pentagon City apartments take advantage of their rooftop grills and keep the heat out of the kitchen.
- Refresh at the pool! Our Highland House and Highland House West communities offer rooftop pools perfect for keeping cool.
- Exercise inside at air-conditioned gyms and fitness centers. Rollins Congressional Club is a free amenity for our Rollins Park and Congressional Towers communities and allows for a cool workout. Bonus: there are 3 pools included and a water park!
- Live where all utilities are included! Crank the AC with no worries at our communities that include the utility cost in the rent: 4000 Massachusetts Ave and Congressional Towers.
Each of our communities has its own perks and advantages for beating the summer heat. Check out the complete listing here and stay cool!