There is never a shortage of fun and festive events in the Maryland and Washington, D.C. areas in the winter. Whether you’re celebrating a holiday or looking to enjoy spectacular light displays, there is something for everyone! Take a look at events near you:
With so many awesome activities going on, why not be close to all the action? Polinger Company manages a multitude of properties in the Maryland and Washington, D.C. areas. If you are looking to live someplace with frequent, local community events check out one of our wonderful properties! The Swift Petworth, Congressional Towers, and Rollins Park have ZipCar parking to help you get to and from events more easily, or simply hop on the Metro when you live at one of our properties that is just minutes from a Metro station. Discover the perfect property for all your needs.
Studio apartments offer the most important features of any apartment in a compact and efficient layout. They are the perfect option for those seeking a streamlined living experience that is low maintenance. Other perks of studios include that they are usually more affordable than multi-bedroom apartments and there is less cleaning to do! Here is some advice on how to make the most of your fabulous studio apartment:
Maximize Storage with Multifunctional Furniture
A few clever tricks can make a world of difference when it comes to creating more storage space. Using multifunctional furniture can you save you money and space. Why buy two different items when you could buy one that serves various purposes? For example, a dresser can function as both storage for clothing and as an entryway side table where you can place photos, keys, and your mail. Instead of a coffee table, you can use an ottoman which functions as storage, a footrest, and as a tray if the one you purchase has a lid that flips over.
Keep Out the Clutter
Living in a studio apartment can help you maintain an organized lifestyle. With fewer rooms to get messy, it is simple to keep your space tidy and only hang on to significant belongings. With time you save on cleaning you can spend time exploring the amazing amenities of your apartment community.
Embrace Community Space and Amenities
The best part about living in any apartment community is utilizing the myriad of amenities available to residents. Community social lounges are perfect for hanging out with your neighbors. If your apartment community offers a fitness center you can get your workout in without leaving the comforts of the building. When summertime rolls around, community pools offer fun and relaxation. With all the resources offered by apartment communities nowadays, it is easy to socialize.
The Polinger Company manages numerous properties with perfectly sized studio apartments in the Maryland and Washington, D.C. areas. Looking to live the D.C. city life? Explore The Swift Petworth, 2401 Pennsylvania Avenue, or 4000 Massachusetts Avenue. For those seeking a suburban lifestyle, you can explore Highland House in Chevy Chase, MD. Wherever you decide to call home, you can rest assured knowing you know the best ways to get the most out of studio apartment living!
Autumn weather is officially in full swing. Before you know it November 22 will be here – Thanksgiving Day! People often have fond memories of the holiday including everything from watching football to the large meal shared with loved ones. Guests at a party can enjoy it carefree, but the host sometimes becomes frazzled from all the multitasking required to pull off the perfect party. Hosting the holiday can be stressful; cleaning, cooking, and entertaining take a lot of time and energy. Here are some tips and tricks for hosting Thanksgiving in your apartment:
- Tidy up in advance: If the thought of cleaning your apartment from top to bottom in one day seems unrealistic for you, try taking it one day at a time. Start the Monday of Thanksgiving week by tackling two or three tasks each evening such as scrubbing the bathroom, folding the laundry, and loading the dishwasher. By Thursday your space will be sparkling!
- Make a timeline: It can be helpful to make a tentative timeline for yourself of when guests will be arriving, when to put out appetizers, dinner time, and even how long you anticipate guests staying as they nurse food comas! Setting reminders and timers on your cell phone are other ways to remind yourself of things such as when it’s time to start baking the biscuits.
- Frozen produce are your friend: When it comes time to get cooking the turkey might actually be the easiest part. Prepare it how you wish and just pop it in the oven. The tricky part is timing all your side dishes to be hot when the main dish is ready. Using frozen veggies such as string beans, cubed squash, and even mashed potatoes will make life easier when all you have to do is steam them in the microwave or simmer on the stove just before the turkey is done. They also help you save precious space in your fridge to chill beverages and desserts.
- Maximize space: If you are hosting a large crowd, maximize space by rearranging some “non-essential” furniture such as end tables or large lamps. Temporarily moving just a few items can open up quite a bit of space for socializing.
- Ask for help: Crafting the perfect holiday gathering on your own can be overwhelming, don’t be afraid to ask a guest or two to arrive early and help set the table or cook!
Hosting Thanksgiving doesn’t have to be an intimidating task when you live at one of the Polinger Company properties. Each of our communities boasts unique kitchen features that will make preparing your feast easy and enjoyable. Bethesda Place and Highland House feature granite countertops, the perfect place to slice and dice! Country Place and Brighton Village offer gas cooking and eat-in kitchens. Guests will be impressed by the modern Cleansteel™ appliances located in The Swift Petworth. They will be begging you to host again next year!
When it comes to choosing a location to live it is important to take into consideration which modes of transportation you will be utilizing. When you live in the Maryland-DC area a car is not always a must-have. Check out four benefits of using the Metro:
- Never Sit in Traffic: When you use the Metro to commute to and from work, you don’t have to deal with distracted drivers, sun glare, and poor weather conditions delaying your ETA. Living in an apartment close to a Metro Station makes your commute that much more time-efficient!
- Save Money on Transportation: Owning a car can be a hassle. Not only do you have to worry about finding parking, but also monthly car payments! The Metro offers affordable fares and the option of the SmarTrip® Card, a rechargeable fare card for frequent riders.
- Convenient for Fun Activities: Living near a Metro is beneficial for socializing and weekend trips. When you are moments from a station it is easy to travel into DC for the afternoon to take in a show or eat dinner or for those that live in DC take a trip up to Maryland for a leisurely getaway!
- You Can Multitask: Unlike when you’re driving to and from your destination, you can multitask on the Metro! Send out emails, do a crossword, or read a book to pass the time. Your day will be so much more productive when you use the travel time to get ahead on your to-do list.
Using the Metro clearly offers some significant perks when it comes to getting around town. If you are moving and intend on utilizing the Metro every day, or just every now and then, explore different Polinger Company properties with easy Metro Station access. The Swift Petworth Apartments are two blocks from the Georgia Ave-Petworth Metro Station, Highland House and Highland House West Apartments are two blocks from the Friendships Height Metro Station, Congressional Towers, and Rollins Park Apartments are three blocks from the Twinbrook Metro Station, and Bethesda Place Apartments are located just over the footbridge to the Bethesda Metro Station.
Discover the Metro Station and schedule that fits your needs. Live life conveniently!
Here at Polinger Company, we pride ourselves on growth and development. For this reason, we are thrilled to welcome Maj-Lene Pedersen Keech as our new Senior Vice President of Residential Property Management! Maj-Lene is a skilled professional with over 20 years of multi-family experience and robust industry knowledge.
History of Excellence
Maj-Lene earned her Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration from Sierra Nevada College and her Master’s of Science in Real Estate with a concentration in Real Estate Development from Johns Hopkins University. Over the past 15 years, she has been a strong force in the Mid-Atlantic real estate industry, having held positions with Washington REIT, the Bozzuto Management Company, and most recently, as Senior Vice President with PRP Estate Management.
Beyond the walls of the office, Maj-Lene is active in the real estate and property management industries. In the past, she served as President for the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)’s Northern Virginia Chapter 77. She is currently serving as the Director on the Executive Council for Chapter 77 in addition to serving on the Property Management Association’s PACE committee and she is a member of CREW Northern Virginia.
Looking to the Future
Polinger Company manages more than 5,000 apartments and we are confident that Maj-Lene will bring each to new heights with her passion and dedication to providing residents with the best possible living experience. With Polinger her responsibilities include direction and oversight of our residential properties and marketing, along with personnel matters and owner relations. Maj-Lene also assists in the company’s apartment acquisition process, taking an active role in the evaluation, due diligence, underwriting and closing of investments.
Welcome to the family, Maj-Lene!
If you are interested in finding a beautiful apartment in a convenient location, discover our various apartment communities. To stay updated on the latest Polinger Company and industry news be sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!