Summertime, and the living’s easy. It’s also hot. Help alleviate your utility bill at your apartment with these 7 easy tips:
- If you have a ceiling fan, like the ones offered at our Brighton Village community, be sure the blades are rotating counter-clockwise to move the rising hot air away from you. In the fall, switch to clockwise so that the warmer air is circulated into the room. Well-placed tabletop and standing fans can also help cool you down quickly and efficiently.
- Keep blinds closed to eliminate excessive sun. Blackout curtains are also a good idea especially when your apartment has floor-to-ceiling windows like at Country Place Apartments.
- Use the exhaust fan. If your apartment has an over-the-range microwave like our Bethesda Place community, the fan works there, too, in sucking out the hot air, especially when cooking.
- Cook outside! Residents of our Swift Petworth and Aura Pentagon City apartments take advantage of their rooftop grills and keep the heat out of the kitchen.
- Refresh at the pool! Our Highland House and Highland House West communities offer rooftop pools perfect for keeping cool.
- Exercise inside at air-conditioned gyms and fitness centers. Rollins Congressional Club is a free amenity for our Rollins Park and Congressional Towers communities and allows for a cool workout. Bonus: there are 3 pools included and a water park!
- Live where all utilities are included! Crank the AC with no worries at our communities that include the utility cost in the rent: 4000 Massachusetts Ave and Congressional Towers.
Each of our communities has its own perks and advantages for beating the summer heat. Check out the complete listing here and stay cool!