Summer is just around the corner, which means festivals, outdoor dining, and relaxing by the pool. With school winding down for the year, it’s also the most popular time of the year to move. Renting an apartment in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area during this time can be a challenging task. After determining a neighborhood and price range that fits your needs, there are some additional things to consider in order to make your summer even more enjoyable in the nation’s capital.
When searching for a new apartment home this summer, don’t forget to look for:
- Air conditioning – Summer time in this part of the country can be hot! Make sure the apartment home that you’re looking to rent has individually controlled heating and air conditioning units to keep you comfortable on those hot summer days. Make sure you know whether utilities will be included in your rent price so there are no surprises with your budget.
- Swimming Pool – Hitting the beach or visiting a public pool is fun, but nothing beats the convenience of having a swimming pool owned and operated by your apartment building. Whether you want to take laps to stay in shape, sunbathe with friends, or cool down on a hot summer day, a swimming pool is a must-have apartment amenity for summer.
- Local Events – With beautiful weather, summer is the perfect time to embrace everything your neighborhood has to offer. When choosing an apartment home, be sure to pay attention to any annual community events like 4th of July BBQs or nearby farmer’s markets that can make life even more enjoyable.
- Public Transportation – Nearby metro stations are a must for renting an apartment near Washington, DC. During the summer, there is never a shortage of sporting events, summer concert series, parades, and festivals happening in and around the city. Be sure you can easily reach these popular events and attractions from your new home.
- Walk Score® – The District of Columbia was ranked 7th in the country for walkability in a Walk Score® 2011 study. Whether you’re commuting to work or going for a stroll, walkability is an important component to consider when renting an apartment.
See what Polinger Shannon and Luchs apartments have to offer. Learn more about our apartment homes near Washington, DC.