This time of year, you are constantly preparing for one holiday after another. But not to worry…you are in the home stretch! The last holiday to plan for is just around the corner…New Year’s Eve! The idea of what to do on New Year’s Eve can be quite daunting, there is an unquestionable pressure you place on yourself to either have the most epic New Year’s Eves or a nice quiet one, depending on how you would like your year to go. While we cannot help you make that decision for you, we would like to provide you plenty of options to choose from to help you bring 2015 to a close and welcome 2016.
- Take a River Cruse Along the Potomac: The Odyssey and The Sprit of Washington offers an unbelievable night of food, drinks and dancing. And to top it all off, there is a view to go along with it. This is a great option for a special someone to kiss at midnight or a group of friends.
- Family-Friendly First Night Events: Just because you have kids, doesn’t mean you need to spend the night in, or hiring a babysitter. There are plenty of Family Events celebrating the New Year held in Maryland and Northern Virginia. With live music, entertainment, and even some fireworks, your family is bound to have a blast! Click here for more information on First Nights in your neighborhood.
- New Year’s Eve Gala: Who doesn’t love to dress up in your glitz and finery? Put on a party dress; tie on that fancy bow tie you have been wanting to ear and head out to a fancy party at some of DC’s hotels, restaurants, and nightclubs. Many of these locations are hosting some festive parties that will help you ring in 2016. Here are some parties and specials.
- Fireworks: Who doesn’t want to bring in the New Year with a Bang? If you are willing to brave the weather, then fireworks just might be your thing for New Year’s Eve. Most of these events are family-friendly, so pack up the family, hot cocoa, and watch the spectacle in the sky! Here are five New Year’s Eve Fireworks displays happening around Washington DC.
- Sipping a Beer at a Sports Bar: Watching the clock strike midnight on a big screen TV, eating buffalo wings, and sipping your favorite brew might sound like NYE heaven. And to be honest…sounds pretty magical to many. It’s definitely a more casual idea for the night. Check out this list of Washington DC sports bars to decide.
- Throw Your Own Party: Don’t want to go anywhere, but you want to be surrounded by your friends and family? Bring the party to you! You can make it as casual or as fancy as you see fit! And if you want to have more than just people chatting and watching TV, here are some great games to play for both children and adults.